For whom is OxfordRomance intended?
OxfordRomance.org.uk exists "specifically for students of Oxford University." The raison d'être of the site is to help
Oxford students to meet other Oxford students, and OxRo's greatest strength is that people
can actually meet each other in person, because of the localisation.
OxfordRomance is principally intended for undergraduates and postgraduates, but is also open to any other members of the University, and to recent alumni,
currently resident in Oxford. The site is not intended for residents of Oxford who are not associated with the
University, nor for members of other universities.
We believe that we owe it to our members to insist upon this.
- For University authentication, please sign up with your '.ox.ac.uk' email address. If this causes you problems (for example, visiting fellows and exchange students), please do
email one of the Oxford University team who will fix this for you.
- We are launching sister sites at other Universities. So far, these can be found at https://ruo3.org.
If you would like one at your own University, please email Cupid. (We will do the website; you will need to organise the publicity.)
- We apologise to anyone disappointed as a result. We think that it's for the best. Also, try GraduateRomance.org.uk.
- Of course, everyone is welcome, irrespective of diversity in non-heteronormative gender, or other modes of courtship.
- To clarify: senior members of the University are, of course welcome here, as are Alumni; please do mention this explicitly in your profile.