Frequently Asked Questions
This section is part of the OxfordRomance.org.uk online help system. (show contents). You can also view the entire document as a single very long page.
Why am I not receving email?
Emails from OxfordRomance do not always arrive when you expect them to. This can occur for a variety of reasons. Here are some of them:
- No email was actually be sent. This may be because of your choices in the email notification system.
- We have your email address recorded incorrectly. [If you log in, we can display the value we have on record.]
- Your email account has a misconfigured, or over-enthusiastic spam-filter. Some filters have a nasty habit of misclassifying genuine mail ("ham") as junk ("spam").
Please check your spam-box for email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Unlike most email failures, when an email is classified as spam, no delivery-failure message is
sent, and the sender can have no idea that anything went wrong.
- Your email account has expired, or has filled up, or is rejecting mail, or has failed to forward email. This usually means that Cupid is getting the bounces.
- The email is late. Email usually arrives within 30 seconds, but please allow up to 10 minutes in some cases.
- There is something wrong with our email system. This is relatively rare, but it does happen, and if so, we want to know about it! Please email Cupid.
- You can test your email delivery here.
[ ↑ contents]