Frequently Asked Questions
This section is part of the Romance.ucam.org online help system. (show contents). You can also view the entire document as a single very long page.
For whom is Romance.ucam.org intended?
Romance.ucam.org exists "specifically for students of Cambridge University." The raison d'être of the site is to help
Cambridge students to meet other Cambridge students, and RUO's greatest strength is that people
can actually meet each other in person, because of the localisation.
Romance.ucam.org is principally intended for undergraduates and postgraduates, but is also open to any other members of the University, and to recent alumni,
currently resident in Cambridge. The site is not intended for residents of Cambridge who are not associated with the
University, nor for members of other universities.
We believe that we owe it to our members to insist upon this.
- For University authentication, please sign up with your '@cam.ac.uk' email address. If this causes you problems (for example, visiting fellows and exchange students), please do
email one of the Cambridge University team who will fix this for you.
- We are launching sister sites at other Universities. So far, these can be found at https://ruo3.org.
If you would like one at your own University, please email Cupid. (We will do the website; you will need to organise the publicity.)
- We apologise to anyone disappointed as a result. We think that it's for the best. Also, try GraduateRomance.org.uk.
- Of course, everyone is welcome, irrespective of diversity in non-heteronormative gender, or other modes of courtship.
- To clarify: senior members of the University are, of course welcome here, as are Alumni; please do mention this explicitly in your profile.
[ ↑ contents]