Secret (obscure)If you cannot read this, click here to escape!
You have just changed your style to 'Secret (obscure)'.
You can set this permanently: it will then be automatically chosen whenever you log in, or receive notifications.
- Secret (Obscure) mode works by making the text contrast very low, in order to make it much harder for someone to read over your shoulder from a distance.
It is similar in intent to stealth mode, but much harder to read! This uses a quirk of human vision:
dark-on-pale is easy to read from afar, and pale-on-dark is easy to read from close-up.
- Secret mode does not make you invisible to other users, it simply makes your own display less recognisable to passers-by.
(If you do wish to become invisible to other members, this is how.)
- Hint: if you want to temporarily make text easier to see, highlight it by selecting it with the mouse.
These are the available themes: please select one:
- Fluffy Mode: Fluffy mode is the normal, hearts-and-flowers theme.
- Claret: Dark red style, possibly the 'new look'.
- Stealth Mode: Stealth mode is designed to be discreet, and look generic.
- Jazzy Style: Cool blue and purple.
- Chocolate Flavour: Cupid is actually getting quite hungry designing this one!
- Rose pink: Rose pink and red.
- Aqua: Blue and turquoise.
- Pop Style: The Pop style is totally over-the-top!
- Unix Terminal: Unix Terminal/Console, for when you can't use '/usr/bin/curl'.
- A Random style: One of the styles, selected at random!
- Secret (obscure): Stealthier than stealth - hard for someone to read over your shoulder from a distance.
- Mobile Device Mode: Mobile device mode is optimised for small screens, such as smartphones. Some features are simplified.
In some web browsers, you can also change the style by selecting 'Use style(sheet)' or 'Page style' from the 'View' menu.
If you'd like to design your own look and feel, we'd welcome your contribution: here's how.